CoppaTrek! With Gi 2023 Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Boobs on a CoppaTrek! with Gi. Before you apply, we need to let you know about the terms and conditions in relation to this event – please do read them and email us on email@example.com if you have any questions or queries.
Both the Hadrian’s Wall Country CoppaTrek! and the Tour du Mont Blanc CoppaTrek! are organised collectively with both CoppaFeel! and Charity Challenge. Participation in the event as part of Team Boobs for CoppaFeel! is subject to the following Terms and Conditions in addition to Charity Challenge’s own terms and conditions, which must be fully complied with at all times.
Securing your place
- Applicants must complete and submit the application form at https://coppafeel.org/coppatrek-2023-application/ before the closing date.
- Applications close at midnight on 31 January 2023, the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be counted.
- Strictly one entry per person. Bulk or automatically generated or third party applications will be discounted.
- You must be 18 years old or older to apply for this event.
- Applicants must agree to raise the minimum sponsorship amount and pledge to raise the fundraising target. Successful applicants must also pay a deposit to Charity Challenge to confirm their place. Please see ‘Sponsorship Targets and Deposits’ section below.
- The number of applicants chosen to participate is at the discretion of CoppaFeel!.
- To ensure fairness, all places will be offered based on a scoring system used to assess an applicant’s suitability based on their dedication to the cause and willingness to fundraise.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email using the contact details provided by the applicants. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact shortlisted applicants during the specified time.
- If we do not hear from you after one week of offering you a place, your place will be forfeited and offered to another applicant.
Sponsorship Targets and Deposits
Successful applicants will be required to sign a fundraising agreement, agreeing to the following:
Hadrian’s Wall Country Trek
- Agree to raise the minimum sponsorship amount of £1,090 to be received by the charity 7 weeks before departure date (by 24/04/23). Anyone who has not raised the minimum sponsorship by the deadline, will not be booked onto the trek and their place will be withdrawn.
- Pledge to raise the sponsorship target of £2,250 in total for the challenge within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 17/07/2022)
- Pay a non refundable deposit of £275 to Charity Challenge
Tour du Mont Blanc Trek
- Agree to raise the minimum sponsorship amount of £1,345 to be received by the charity 14 weeks before departure date (by 05/06/23). Anyone who has not raised the minimum sponsorship by the deadline, will not be booked onto the trek and their place will be withdrawn.
- Pledge to raise the sponsorship target of £2,750 in total within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (16/10/2022)
- Pay a non refundable deposit of £349 to Charity Challenge
- When raising funds for CoppaFeel! We ask that you only use lawful means to fundraise in line with the advice on our website, fundraising guide and The Fundraising Code of Practice. If you have any questions regarding legality of fundraising please do not hesitate to ask our team for advice and support.
- All funds that you raise for CoppaFeel! will be held by you (we trust you!) until as soon as is reasonably possible to transfer the funds to CoppaFeel! This should be done a maximum of four weeks after the event date.
- All funds raised must be made payable to CoppaFeel! through cheque, BACS, online donations on online fundraising pages (e.g JustGiving)
- All fundraising undertaken must be transferred to CoppaFeel! You can not use money raised in relation to the event to pay personal expenses
- CoppaFeel! Can provide you with fundraising materials to assist your fundraising (for example stickers, badges, collection boxes, balloons). For these items we ask that you return any unused items at your earliest convenience after use, or a maximum of four weeks after the event date.
- Some of our materials are more expensive (e.g Boob suits, collection pots and buckets) therefore these will be loaned to you on a short term basis. For these items we ask that you return them at your earliest convenience after use, or a maximum of four weeks after the event date and at your own expense.
Health and Fitness
Both the Hadrian’s Wall and Tour du Mont Blanc treks will involve very long days of hiking, tough terrain and challenging conditions. You will cover approximately 100km of uneven ground and should be prepared to be on your feet for upwards of 9 hours a day in variable weather conditions.
- All participants undertake the event at their own risk.
- We understand that some participants might be currently or recently undergone treatment for breast cancer. If you feel mentally and physically able to undertake the event we would love you to join Team Boobs. We do advise that you check with your medical team prior and during training.
- Participants with a medical history or current medical condition may be contacted by the medical team at Charity Challenge to discuss your needs. As such we ask that you please disclose any medical conditions with Charity Challenge upon registration if your application is successful.
- It is the responsibility of all participants to assess their own fitness and ensure they are fully prepared and sufficiently fit to take part in the event. Should any medical condition occur during training and it affects your ability to take part in the event we recommend you seek medical advice and if necessary withdraw from the event.
- CoppaFeel! Does not provide any insurance for life, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at and/or participation in the challenge. Participants shall be responsible for arranging their own suitable and adequate insurance protection to cover their participation in the Event.
- CoppaFeel! and it’s staff and volunteers will not be liable for any accident, loss or damage to participants for undertaking the event.
- CoppaFeel! will not be responsible for any loss or damages sustained by participants as a result of the event being cancelled or any changed due to safety or any other reasons such as COVID 19.
- Each CoppaFeel! participant is responsible for their actions whilst attending or participating in the Event. This includes at the Event start point, during the Event and at the completion point. CoppaFeel! accepts no responsibility for the actions of a CoppaFeel! participant nor the consequences of such actions.
- All CoppaFeel! participants and friends and family who chose to attend the event do so at their own risk.
Withdrawal and cancellation
If a successful applicant does not participate in the event for any reason, the deposit paid to Charity Challenge is not guaranteed to be refunded. This is dependent on the time of withdrawal and is at the discretion of Charity Challenge.
A place is only applicable to the individual who applied for it. You are not permitted to swap, sell or give away your place in the event.
Participants can withdraw from the event at anytime by notifying a member of the CoppaFeel! Fundraising team. Please you are not guaranteed a place in a future event should you have to withdraw from the trek for any reason.
CoppaFeel! Reserve the right to withdraw a participant’s place in Team Boobs at any event for any of the following reasons–
- Participant have not hit their minimum sponsorship amount by the deadline
- Participant is not following the event organisers instructions
- The participants’ actions are putting theirs and others health and safety at risk.
- The participant is causing offence by their behaviour and is reflecting badly on CoppaFeel!
If the Event is cancelled for any reason, CoppaFeel! will, upon the written request of the payee and the participant, return any sponsorship money paid.
Photography and filming
- CoppaFeel! love to document our treks by taking lots of photos and videos of trekkers during the trip and often enlist the help of a professional photographer or videographer. We would like to use these images to celebrate your fundraising, the event and promote future fundraising activity. By being a member of Team Boobs you consent to us using photographs, images or films of you. If you would like to opt out at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering to join Team Boobs you agree to hearing from us via email, post, social media, phone and text in relation to the CoppaTrek!. This includes, but is not limited to, how to reach your fundraising target and train for this event, how your fundraising will help CoppaFeel! as well as event day info from the event organiser. Unless we have received specific consent from you we will not contact you about further events or fundraising activities