Keeping your information safe
We will always endeavour to keep any personal information you share with us safe. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with applicable laws – and only using your personal information where you would reasonably expect us to. This policy allows you to understand how and why and where we may collect and use your personal information.
For all enquiries about this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to update your personal information and contact preferences, click the button below.
Covered on this page:
- Why and how do we collect your personal information?
- How do we use your personal information?
- What about sensitive information?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- How do we look after your personal information?
- Third parties
- Text reminders
- Boob Bot
- The Self-Checkout
- Your Rights- How can you access, correct or delete your personal information?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
Why and How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect and use your personal information either because:
- you have consented and/or explicitly consented to its collection and use for specific purposes described in this policy;
- the collection and use is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us;
- it is necessary for a legal obligation placed upon us;
- it is necessary in pursuit of a “legitimate interest”, a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security;
- along with one of the reasons above you may also have made particular personal information public yourself;
- along with one of the reasons above in relation to a legal claim.
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- We receive your personal information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.coppafeel.org. This includes personal information provided to subscribe to our services or newsletter, signing up for events, requesting awareness or fundraising material, registering to volunteer or applying for a job, or making a donation.
- We may receive your personal information from a 3rd party, such as Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you sign up for an event with us we will be contacting you with information on that event, fundraising tips and training hints.
- We receive your personal information when you interact with us via social media, including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. We also receive your personal information if you access the CoppaFeel! Boob Bot via Facebook Messenger.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in order so that we can:
- Process an order from our shop – if you have purchased an item from our shop we will need to have your details to fulfil your order.
- Process a request for awareness materials/ fundraising materials or shower stickers – if you have submitted a form to request these items we need your personal details so that we can fulfil that request.
- If you have signed up for an event with us we will be contacting you with information on that event, fundraising tips and training hints.
- Administer your donations or support your fundraising efforts.
- Process Gift Aid on donations.
- Manage your marketing preferences.
- Comply with financial or legal requirements.
- We may contact you for marketing purposes if you have opted in to receive this. You can opt out at any time from this by changing your details here.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletter we use your email address to send this out. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email.
- If you have shared your story with us we won’t share identifiable details without your permission, but may use your story in impact reporting, media interviews or funding opportunities.
- Review your application to become a volunteer or for a job role.
- For equal opportunities monitoring purposes.
- To assist you with being a volunteer for us.
- Deal with any queries or complaints you have.
- Provide information, products and services to you.
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Analyse how our services are used and our activities and to identify trends.
- If you use the CoppaFeel Boob Bot via Facebook Messenger, we will analyse the information you submit in order to provide you with personalised information in response and adapt and improve the Boob Bot to make the experience of using it better (further information is provided when you access the Bot).
What about sensitive information?
Some of the personal information that you may share with us may be very sensitive, including what is legally called special categories of personal data. This is personal information could be relating to your racial or ethnic origin, your health, religious or sexual orientation, sex life, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs. We will keep this personal information confidential and it will be processed under even stricter rules. Staff and volunteers at Boob HQ have had training on how to look after sensitive personal information.
How do we look after your personal information?
We are committed to looking after your personal information at Boob HQ, and have measures in place to do so. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to protect the personal information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. these measures may include (as necessary):
- when necessary, disposing of or deleting your personal information so it is done so securely;
- working closely with our IT service providers and ensure they use appropriate security.
All financial transactions are undertaken on secure encrypted 3rd party sites.
Sensitive personal information is only looked after by trained authorised staff, and we will always do our best to only contact you with information that you have specified
Some of our suppliers do process personal information outside the EU – in these circumstances we do have agreements in place and they are required to look after such personal information in accordance with UK and EU laws.
Your information may be shared with us by third party organisations including fundraising sites such as Virgin Money Giving or Rapidata, please do take the time to read their privacy policies carefully to understand how they will process your information and what they share with us.
Examples of personal information we may receive are:
Name, postal address, telephone number, age, date of birth, email address, gift aid information and card details.
If we do obtain your personal information from a third party your rights under this policy are not affected and you are still able to exercise your rights contained within this policy.
By providing your number you agree to us texting you once a month reminding you to check your boobs/pecs/chest. Receiving our texts is free.
We can’t guarantee what time your text will arrive. But we do hope it’s a convenient time ie. whilst standing at the bus stop. Standard network rates apply for your initial sign-up text and any further texts you send us. However, it doesn’t cost you a penny to receive our reminders here in the UK.
To unsubscribe (not that you’d want to) just text ‘COPSTOP’ to 82228. The short-code 82228, is a non-premium short-code in that it only costs a standard network rate of texting a short-code in order to unsubscribe. This cost is applied by your network and charged depending on your price plan. If you are charged for short-code texting on your price plan – this would then be charged as a standard rate.
Don’t like texting short codes? No worries, simply click the following link and enter your mobile number to unsubscribe: www.sto.pm/coppafeel/
This is purely a reminder service and we accept no responsibility for any text messages not related to this service. Any queries need to be emailed to email@example.com.
CoppaFeel!’s Boob Bot is designed to provide you with personalised information about getting to know your boobs or pecs. The Bot will ask you questions and will provide you with information depending on how you answer those questions.
Please note that the Boob Bot cannot provide medical advice or give you a diagnosis. If you need medical advice or you have noticed a symptom or unusual change, you should consult a medical professional.
Who are we?
CoppaFeel! is the controller and responsible for your personal data. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or at Unit 4 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3HA.
What data will we collect?
The data we will receive from you if you use the Boob Bot includes:
- Data given to us by Facebook, called your PSID. PSID is a slightly confusing acronym that stands for ‘Facebook-Page Scooped ID’. This means that we can access the first name and surname that you use on Facebook, the time-zone and language setting for the region you live in and, if you’ve specified your gender in Facebook, we’ll be able to see that too.
- Any information that you input into the Boob Bot. When you use the Bot, you will enter into a chat with us via Facebook Messenger. We’ll be able to see any information that you enter into this chat, including your answers to any questions.
How and why will we process this data?
We will use this data so that we can:
- Provide you with personalised information via the Boob Bot chat.
- Adapt and improve the Boob Bot to make the experience of using it better.
We process data provided via the Boob Bot to further our legitimate interests in promoting breast awareness by providing relevant information in this area. We will use the data you provide to give you this kind of information.
Because you may provide sensitive health data within the Bot, we also ask for your consent for us to process your data. You can withdraw this consent at any time by letting us know via the Bot or contacting us at email@example.com or CoppaFeel!, Unit 4 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3HA.
In order to provide access to the Boob Bot, we work with a third-party technology company called Spectrm Publishing UG, based in Germany. Spectrm is responsible for hosting the Bot and will process the data you input into the Bot on our behalf. They also make sure the Bot works and ensure that the information you share is kept safe. That means that Spectrm can see the information you share with us in the chat. Spectrm may also share the information with other third parties.
The Boob Bot is hosted on the Facebook Messenger platform. As a Facebook Messenger user, you will have agreed to Facebook’s terms and conditions for use of Messenger. You should however make sure you are happy with these before using the Bot. If you’d like to find out more about how Facebook look after your data and how you can manage your privacy on Facebook Messenger, click here.
If you’d like CoppaFeel! to delete the data you’ve given us via the Boob Bot you can do so at any time, by clicking on ‘privacy’ in the bottom menu, and selecting ‘delete my data’. This will erase all the data CoppaFeel! has received about you via the Boob Bot. However, this does not delete the data you have given Facebook permission to use, such as the PSID.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
By clicking ‘Proceed’ on the Boob Bot, you:
- Consent to CoppaFeel! using any personal data provided via the Boob Bot in order to give you personalised information via the Boob Bot and adapt and improve the Boob Bot. We may store your data, use it to provide the Boob Bot service and transfer it to third-party processors in order for the Boob Bot to function. You can withdraw this consent at any time by letting us know via the Boob Bot or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or CoppaFeel!, Unit 4 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3HA. You can also delete all data you have input into the Boob Bot by clicking on ‘privacy’ in the bottom menu of the Boob Bot and selecting ‘delete my data’.
CoppaFeel!’s Self-Checkout is a web app designed to provide you with personalised information about getting to know your chest. It offers breast awareness information and guides you through the stages to getting comfortable checking your chest.
The Self-Checkout does not provide medical advice and cannot give you a diagnosis. If you need medical advice, or you have noticed a symptom or unusual change, you should consult a medical professional.
If you use the Self-Checkout, CoppaFeel! may collect and use your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
What data will we collect and how will we use it?
When you use the Self-Checkout you will be asked to provide some information about your personal circumstances, such as whether you are pregnant. This information is only used to direct you to the right information in the web app and we do not make a record of your answers. This is not personal data because we never link the information to your personal profile or to any other information that could be used to identify you.
You can use the Chat Bot in the Self-Checkout to ask questions. The Chat Bot uses pre-programmed frequently asked questions to respond and no personal data is collected from you when you use the Chat Bot.
If you sign up to receive email reminders through the Self-Checkout we will ask you to give us your name and the email address that you would like us to send the reminders to.
If you sign up to receive text message reminders, we will ask you to give us your mobile phone number so we can send the reminders. If you ask us to set a reminder in the calendar on your phone, an ICS file will download and automatically upload to your native calendar, but we will not ask you for any personal data or download any software onto your phone or desktop. You can delete this from your calendar at any time.
We will only use this personal data in order to send you the reminders that you have asked for. You can unsubscribe from receiving reminders at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any reminder email or by replying to a reminder text with STOP. CoppaFeel! does not have access to the calendar on your phone in order to remove calendar reminders on your behalf but you can choose to remove the calendar reminders yourself from your phone at any time.
Sending us an email
The Self-Checkout allows you to send an email to us. We will use the personal data that you provide to us in your email in order to consider your message and to respond to you. We might share your email with other people who work at CoppaFeel! in order to give you the best response but we will not share your email with anyone outside of our organisation.
Our lawful basis for using your personal data
We use all other personal data that you provide via the Self-Checkout to further our legitimate interests in promoting breast awareness by providing relevant information in this area to you. We only ever use your personal data in this way if we are satisfied that our interests do not override your privacy rights.
If you send us an email via the Self-Checkout, you give us explicit consent to use any sensitive personal data that you include in your email (for example, information about your health). You can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or CoppaFeel!, Unit 4 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3HA.
We work with a third-party technology company called Miroma Project Factory (MPF) to provide access to the Self-Checkout. MPF are responsible for maintaining the Self-Checkout, making sure the webapp works, and ensuring that the personal data you share is kept safe. The Self-Checkout is hosted in the UK and the CoppaFeel! team will manage all aspects of the webapp so your personal data won’t leave the UK.
If you sign up to receive Self-Checkout reminders by email or text, we will use a third-party to send the reminders to you. We use RSM 2000 Ltd to send text messages on our behalf and Campaign Monitor to send emails. RSM is based in the UK and Campaign Monitor is based in the European Union.
You can ask CoppaFeel! to delete the personal data you’ve given us via the Self-Checkout at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out about other rights your have under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, please see ‘Your rights: How you can access, correct or delete your personal data’
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Acceptance of these terms
By clicking ‘Get Started’ on the Self-Checkout, you:
- Agree to CoppaFeel! using personal data provided via the Self-Checkout in accordance with the policy.
Our websites may include links to websites run by other organisations. CoppaFeel! is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so please do read their privacy policies carefully.
Your rights: How you can access, correct or delete your personal data.
If you would like to update your personal information or let us know the personal information we hold is incorrect you may do so on our website here or by contacting us on the details below.
You have a right to know about how we protect your personal information, (as set out in this policy).
You always have the right to unsubscribe from Boob Mail or any other services where we rely on your consent for holding your personal information. We will ensure you are unsubscribed as soon as possible but within one month.
You also have a right to restrict our use of your personal information and the right to object to your personal information being processed please contact us on the details below.
You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal information in certain ways (as set out in the policy).
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. Unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse to delete your personal information, we will securely delete the personal information in question within one month. The personal information may continue to exist in certain backup, but we will take steps to ensure that we honour your wishes and treat it as deleted.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you, please be aware that you will be asked to provide proof of identification.
If you want to contact us for any of the reasons above please by email email@example.com or writing to us at CoppaFeel! , Unit 4 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3HA
How long will we keep your personal information?
Aside from text reminders, where you have given consent us to have your personal information for fundraising updates we shall continue to use it for that purpose for two years from the last date on which you have interacted with us, at which point we will ask you again if you wish to continue your consent. If at that point you do not respond we will cease to use your personal information for that purpose. e.g. emailing you about new events
Our text reminder service is a vital health service and we shall send an unsubscribe option via text once a year You shall continue to receive text reminders until you choose to unsubscribe.
For any category of personal information not specifically mentioned in this section and unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal information will be deemed to be 7 years from the date of receipt by us of that personal information.
The retention periods stated in this Notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the personal information or if there is an on-going investigation into the personal information).
We are committed to looking after your personal information, do get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more about how long we will hold your details for.
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting http://www.ico.org.uk/ for further assistance.
Last updated May 2021