CoppaFeel! Running Events 2023 Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in joining TeamBoobs! Before you sign up, we need to let you know about the terms and conditions in relation to this event – please do read them and let us know if you have any questions or queries.
This event is not organised by CoppaFeel! As a charity, CoppaFeel! has purchased places in the event in order to raise funds. Participation in the Event as part of Team Boobs is subject to the following Terms and Conditions in addition to the Event Organiser’s own terms and conditions, which must be fully complied with at all times.
Securing your place
There are two ways to join Team Boobs in this event:
- By securing a CoppaFeel! place through completing a CoppaFeel! application form. We will ask you to pay a registration fee to secure your place and pledge to reach the sponsorship target specified on the event page. This is called a Guaranteed Charity Place. All fundraising activities carried out by participants holding a Guaranteed Charity Place must be in aid of CoppaFeel! only.
- By getting a place directly from the race organisers and paying any associated registration fee directly to the organisers . This is called an Own Place. We ask that you pledge to raise the sponsorship target you stated in your registration form.
Guaranteed Charity Place participants can register up until the closing date as specified on the event page on the CoppaFeel! Website. However CoppaFeel! reserves the right to close registration early in the event of all places being allocated. In this instance there will be an opportunity to join the waiting list. Once CoppaFeel! has entered you into the race it will be up to you to confirm your place by the deadline provided by the events organiser. If this deadline is not adhered to, you would not be eligible for a refund on your registration fee.
Please also note: Acceptance of a charity entry is subject to confirmation that CoppaFeel!’s agreed fixed allocation of entries has not been exceeded. Confirmation of which will follow shortly after signing up and any refunds will be dealt with.
Own Place participants can register to join Team Boobs on any date up to and including event day. Please note that if you register less than two weeks prior to the event we can not guarantee to send you fundraising materials and/or running vest.
To join TeamBoobs you must be at least 18 years on the day of the event, unless the Event Organisers age requirements state a different minimum age.
- When raising funds for CoppaFeel! We ask that you only use lawful means to fundraise in line with the advice on our website, fundraising guide and The Fundraising Code of Practice. If you have any questions regarding legality of fundraising please do not hesitate to ask our team for advice and support.
- All funds that you raise for CoppaFeel! will be held by you (we trust you!) until as soon as is reasonably possible to transfer the funds to CoppaFeel! This should be done a minimum of four weeks after the event date.
- All funds raised must be made payable to CoppaFeel! through cheque, BACS, online donations on online fundraising pages (e.g JustGiving)
- All fundraising undertaken must be transferred to CoppaFeel! You can not use money raised in relation to the event to pay personal expenses
- CoppaFeel! Can provide you with fundraising materials to assist your fundraising (for example stickers, badges, collection boxes, posters). For these items we ask that you return any unused items at your earliest convenience after use, or a maximum of four weeks after the event date.
- Some of our materials are more expensive (e.g Boob suits, collection pots and buckets) therefore these will be loaned to you on short term basis. For these items we ask that you return them at your earliest convenience after use, or a maximum of four weeks after the event date.
By taking on the Bath Half you pledge to reach the event fundraising target for CoppaFeel! We ask that all funds are sent in no later than four weeks after the event. In the situation that the participant is not on track to hit their fundraising target, CoppaFeel! withhold the right to withdraw a participant from the race.
Health and Fitness
All participants undertake the event at their own risk.
We understand that some participants might be currently or recently undergone treatment for breast cancer. If you feel mentally and physically strong enough to undertake the event we would love you to join Team Boobs. We do advise you check with your medical team prior and during training.
It is the responsibility of all participants to assess their own fitness and ensure they are fully prepared and sufficiently fit to take part in the event. Should any medical condition occur during training and it affects your ability to take part in the event we recommend you seek medical advice and if necessary withdraw from the event.
CoppaFeel! does not provide any insurance for life, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damage that may arise in connection with the attendance at and/or participation in the Event. Participants shall be responsible for arranging their own suitable and adequate insurance protection to cover their participation in the Event, including loss/damage to any equipment they may use in the Event or personal property, any loss or damage they may cause to a third party, sickness, negligence of any party.
CoppaFeel! and it’s staff and volunteers will not be liable for any accident, loss or damage to participants for undertaking the event.
CoppaFeel! will not be responsible for any loss or damages sustained by participants as a result of the event being canceled or any changes due to safety or any other reasons
Each CoppaFeel! participant is responsible for his/her actions whilst attending or participating in the Event. This includes at the Event start point, during the Event and at the completion point. CoppaFeel! accepts no responsibility for the actions of a CoppaFeel! participant nor the consequences of such actions.
All CoppaFeel! participants and friends and family who chose to attend the event do so at their own risk.
Withdrawal and cancellation
If a Guaranteed Charity Place holder does not participant in the event for any reason the registration fee will not be refunded.
A Guaranteed Charity Place is awarded to the individual who applied for it. You are not permitted to swap, sell or give away your place in the event.
Participants can withdraw from the event at anytime by notifying a member of the CoppaFeel! Fundraising team.
CoppaFeel! Reserve the right to withdraw a participant’s place in Team Boobs at any event for any of the following reasons:
- Participant is not following the event organisers instructructions
- The participants actions are putting their and others health and safety at risk.
- The participant is causing offence by their behaviour and is reflecting badly on CoppaFeel!
The Event Organiser may cancel the Event in accordance with their terms and conditions. If the Event is cancelled for any reason then CoppaFeel! will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of such cancellation, including any travel or accommodation costs.
If the Event is cancelled for any reason, CoppaFeel! will, upon the written request of the payee and the participant, return any sponsorship money paid.
Photographs and films at events
We often take photos of our events participants on event day. We would like to use these images to celebrate your fundraising, the event and promote future fundraising activity. By being a member of Team Boobs you consent to us using photographs, images or films of you. If you would like to opt out at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By registering to join Team Boobs you agree to hearing from us via email, post, social media, phone and text about how to reach your fundraising target and train for this event, how your fundraising will help CoppaFeel! as well as event day info from the event organiser. Unless we have received specific consent from you we will not contact you about further events or fundraising activities